Executive Director - Lt. Bill Baker
Job Title: Executive Director – Part-time
Job Summary: Serve as the chief administrative staff person for the Greater St. Louis Major Case Squad. Advise and assist the Board of Directors in formulation of policies that advance the purposes of the squad. Develop programs and otherwise administer the regular operations and programs of the squad and ensure the business affairs of the squad are conducted in a sound and prudent manner.
- Set up and attend all Board of Directors' meetings and report to them regularly through interim communications regarding progress, plans and concerns related to policies and programs of the squad and on other matters of importance to the law enforcement community to enable the directors to carry out their duties in an effective manner.
- Develop and make recommendations regarding any policies and other matters that require consideration and approval by the Board of Directors. Include pertinent supporting documentation and/or explanatory information.
- Monitor and evaluate policies, programs and activities to ensure proper execution of responsibilities, without intervening in investigations. Maintain records/database of call out for investigators. This includes case commander, report officer, investigator hours and reasons why investigators turned down call out. Maintain all membership records.
- Serve as liaison with the fundraising committee/agency to provide for long and short-range planning for optimum utilization of resources.
- Serve as liaison between the Board of Directors and the various committees, and serve as the staff contact and resource person of the committees and/or Board.
- Coordinate with the Board of Officers and the Squad Commander the planning, development and preparation of the annual operating budget. Submit the proposed budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors, the Squad Commander and staff. Inform the membership of policies and programs of the squad. Disseminate information to the membership pertinent to the development of the law enforcement profession.
- Coordinate communications and promote strong relationships between the members of the squad and other individuals, private and public organizations and corporate entities associated with the law enforcement community.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of all policies, functions, events, programs, and services to ensure a high level of service to the community.
- Coordinate the planning and management of Board and committee meetings, annual training/re-training sessions, educational seminars, annual awards program, annual squad report and maintain appropriate records of the proceedings of these meetings as prescribed by by-laws.
- Perform other duties and other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
Reports to the Board of Directors. Make arrangements to have specific work done for the squad, i.e. equipment repair and service vendors. Primary staff contact person with other associations, agencies and departments.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Able to do research, compile, prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors.